After selecting a material, the focus shifts to design.
All plastic fabricated products begin in the design phase. Proper design of a product is one of the most important factors required to create a structurally sound and high-quality product.
If your manufacturing company has neither the resources nor know-how to properly design the product you have in mind, then you can use our design services.
Not only does a product need to be designed with its function in mind, but with attention to the material and its work-properties. Since different materials respond differently, the way a manufacturer approaches design is heavily contingent upon the product’s composition. Poor design is the leading cause of plastic product failure.
Our services include:
- Conceptual design: If you have a basic idea of the size, shape, and dimensions of the product, our conceptual design services can help determine specific characteristics to enhance the functionality of your plastic component.
- Computer-aided design (CAD): Plastic fabrication services typically use CAD programs to assist in the 2D and 3D design process. Computer programs allow the project to be viewed at all angles and analyzed for weak points prior to the actual production stage.
- Tank designer – software for Tank Calculations:
- – Rectangular tanks (standard, with full-perimeter cross-rib or yoke reinforcement)
- – Cylindrical tanks (standard, graduated, dual shell)
- – Rectangular ventilation lines
- – Cylindrical ventilation lines
The basis of calculation is DIN 4741 for ventilation ducts, together with DIN EN 12573-1, DIN EN 12573-2 and DVS 2205 Parts 1, 2 and 5.
PLASTX‘s Technical Service Centre performs tank-related calculations with the aid of Tankdesigner. The software application was developed as part of a joint project initiated by SIMONA AG and FAB-Consult. It is updated on a regular basis to ensure best-in-class functionality.